Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Fashion Week Favorites - Trends - Shorts & Whimsy

So ... I wouldn't generally want to do trend roundups until all the shows are over, but I'll be in Spain at that point, so I thought I'd throw together a few things preliminarily. These are going to be trends that I see in the things I like, so no weird silk PJ pants here!

Shorts Suits are still here! I've always thought these are super cool, but they have to be well-tailored, and never felt like a really smart investment piece. But after a few seasons maybe they are here to stay?







Also very fun, and carrying over a little from this Spring/Summer, are Printed Shorts: they're super cute and I kind of wish there were more of them! The fact that they are printed would make any pair look unique, so I think I'll definitely snag a pair ...




All those shorts are very fun and whimsical, and I think that this is because Whimsical Patterns and Details were another trend that I was really excited to see on the runways - I love it when gorgeous clothes don't take themselves too seriously!






All Images via Style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment