Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Fashion Week Favorites - Trends - Details, Big Bows, & Mini Coats

The last post left off talking about gorgeous, whimsical details. I really want to emphasize though that designers this season, more throughly than any other I've seen, have been very generally paying attention to detail! I don't know if it's because of the limited resources, and the need to make a smaller amount of looks appear really exciting and worthy of the still-high price-points, but the effect of these Thoughtful Details, including appliques and trims, singular prints, and well-placed fabric treatments, was delightful and definitely convincing. After all, a shift dress or pencil skirt is always a good investment, but one that looks unique and special might be what entices you to actually shell out the big bucks in a recession!







A specific detail that I really enjoyed in a couple collections, were Giant Bows! I know, I know they look kind of whack, but I love them ...



So I don't have a good segue for these but I loved all the Mini Coats. I know some people think of them as long blazers, but since many of them are A-line and have shortened sleeves, I think they are more like shrunken coats!









All Images via Style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment