Thursday, January 29, 2009

Creativity



So, last night I had a really creatively productive night. I've been practicing some "constructive procrastination," which doesn't always work, because sometimes it's just procrastination. This time, however, was very successful. I had allowed ideas for this series to percolate and bubble in my mind for days, to the point when last night (I had felt this coming on for a couple of days) I had to stop what I was doing and immediately start realizing some of those ideas. There is very little that compares to that euphoric rush you get from bringing something that exists solely in your own mind, as a vaguely connected series of images, words, and feelings, into the world, in a solid, concrete way. Or maybe that's just me, because apparently I am a



type of creative. It's strange, and fairly accurate... I saw this quiz on This Young House this morning, and really loved the tactile quality of the results image. Go check it out yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment